Joinup is a new collaborative platform created by the European Commission and funded by the European Union via the Interoperability Solutions for Public Administrations (ISA) Programme. It offers a new set of services to help e-Government professionals share their experience with interoperability solutions and support them to find, choose, re-use, develop, and implement open source software and semantic interoperability assets.
Joinup involves interoperability professionals from all over Europe. Professionals from other countries outside the EU are also welcome to join.
Joinup offers relevant content and insight in various areas of interest, including among others:
- Cross-border and cross-sector interactions between public administrations;
- Pan-European electronic public services;
- Legal information on usage and development of open-source software within public administrations;
- Interoperability impact of EU regulations and actions;
- Access to a repository of reusable semantic assets;
- Methodologies and practice aids on the development of semantic interoperability assets;
- Pan-European e-Government projects.